Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Decision on planking

Well, after a small straw poll amongst my pals, the overall wood of preference was the Honduran Mahogany.

However, after sitting and looking at my test samples, I have decided to "buck the trend" and go for the Lemonwood as the main planking material !

It is about 50% darker than the Robbe planks supplied, and I feel, the light deck and the darker mahogany superstructure will contrast & look nicer, rather than all dark wood.

In the end, it's ones personal choice /decision, and I am happy with that decision.
Needless to say Keith at Modelling Timbers has got my order, as their quality & service is truly excellent.

Approximately 3/4 weeks to delivery, as each plank is individually cut and machined to order.
So I may look further into the instructions and continue with a sub assembly or two !