Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Almost at stage 9......planking the deck.


This is the Robbe Way, the deck planks are just about visible.
I want to improve on this if I can !
(I'd be happy if they were as distinct as the cabin roof planks)


Here we are, almost up to the daunting task of section 9.... the deck planking.

I still am not confident to start this task, as I am yet to find a method to highlight the individual planks.

As stated earlier, I feel the instructed "Robbe" method, leaves much to be desired. The planks certainly will not reflect the effort /work involved in laying them ! There are 230 of them !

I am still experimenting with differing methods to mark the edges of the planks to give that "individual "look. I have also ordered some different types of wood strip, to see if the whole process /appearance can be enhanced even further.

For the time being, until these strips arrive and I have had a "play", the blog progress report will be on hold.

This photo clearly shows the effect I hope to achieve.

Check back for the results and hopefully progress !