Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Thoughts

are turning towards the daunting task of deck planking , of which I have no experience at all !

One things for sure, I want to try and improve on the planks appearance that Robbe recommend. Seems to me laying planks "the Robbe way, the wood loses
the planks individuality.

On some other builders models, they too have thought the same, but have sucessfully captured that "single planked look" that I aspire to !

Having sought much advice on a UK forum, many ideas and recommendations have been forthcoming. I will need to experiment with the techniques suggested, to see if /how they work, and which I am comfortable using.

I shall publish my results, when I have experimented more, but this is definately an area where mistakes are unacceptable !

The deck planking will be a major visible feature !