Monday, October 09, 2006

Wheelhouse / Steering Area

Whilst waiting for the tung oil to dry on the other 2 cabins, I made a start on the aft wheelhouse section.

Again, I really, do not care for the supplied Robbe stripey veneer, so have planked the captains steering area with the last remains I have of the Lemonwood Gerona planking. Again, I think its an improvement.. though, this is obviously a personal taste thing.

The veneer quality on this sheet seems a little better, no split parts or de-laminations yet !


Similarly the aft roof "stripey "material has been replaced with white plasti-card, that will be finished with Honduran Mahogany trim planks.


I feel much happier with this part of the build, I think the white roof area will contrast nicely with the rest of the fine timbers used.