Friday, September 22, 2006

Sails

Not much progress this week, due to work etc and usual life "interferences" :(

Have started on drawing in the sail "seams", I think this is really up to the modeller, whether he /she choses to add or not.. Personally I like it... but really it's up to you.

Use a rule and a HB pencil and follow the diagrams.. I used the width of the steel rule for the spaces between the lines.




Take care...

I completely buggered up the top angle of the Gaff Sail.. and pencil ( as I found out)is pretty well permanent, once added to this sail material) So mine does look a bit of a mess close up... ( could kick myself in the butt now ) I havent found anything that will remove it, tried using an eraser, thinnners , kitchen degreaser nothing works...

Oh well......... hopefully it will fade over time...

Then you need to add the sail battens. These are self adhesive plastic that need marking out and cutting to size.

These are "probably" essential, as they add strength to the sail edges and help keep the sails in shape.

Four, 1mm holes need boring/drilling in these, near sail edges.. then stitched with some thread.. more sewing... yuk.

:)