Sunday, October 08, 2006

More Centre Cabin !





Okay,
I gave all modelling a miss yesterday.. as I clearly got too annoyed and frustrated with this part of the build. When situations arise like this, its better to walk away...

Now I am pleased to say, the break, allowed me to re-visit the Atlantis, and rectify the parts I wasn't happy with.

I have spent around 6 hours on that centre cabin today, and am now much happier with the result.. so I feel I am back on track.

This, said, I am disappointed, in the quality of the woods supplied in this kit, overall..

Thanks to some left overs of Lemonwood Gerona, and Honduran Mahogany, ( from our Keith Jewell of Modelling Timbers) I have re-built some parts, eliminating that horrible cheap spruce stuff , that I do not like. Sadly, I am stuck with the yukky veneers in some parts of the build.

Anyway, this is the result of my labour today, after sanding.



The above are after sanding and PRIOR to the magic of Tung Oil... :)

Steve