Thursday, May 25, 2006

Radio Arrival


Well, after yesterdays Genoa Sail no show, my radio gear has arrived.
Seemed to be good value to me, and the highest specification for the price.

I have gone for the Futaba 6 EX PCM 40 meg FM set...



Ready fitted with a ratchet on the left stick , which is ideal for sheet control.. it has 6 channels.. my theory was.......
1) main sheet
2) rudder
3)Aux motor
4) Genoa winch ( if I do decide to have one)
5) Genoa motor ditto
6) Lights

I am also happy it is the first " multi model memory" set I have owned.. in theory one can set different models up ( only another rx and xstal required) store all the settings, including trims and servo reversing, and with just a few buttons.

Personally I also like to see the remaining battery voltage...... this is a digital readout, with an alarm when level falls too low.

Leds for power information just don't do it for me :)