Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sanding Begins

Messy job this is.... weather didn't help with raining on and off..... pushing the Robbe Atlantis in and out of the shed /workshop , I had hoped to do all the sanding outside...

However, this is the result, used my palm sander with 100 grit.... to take most of the "rough" off...... then with a block and by hand, using various grades up to 400 grit....

Its, now essentially smooth to the finger touch.....the caulking has now become more subtle, as I predicted. I do, have a few minor "issues" where the ink has bled at a few of the plank joints.
However, I am confident that these will be less obvious as the deck is finished /oiled and the deck fittings fixed in situ.

I am still very pleased with the overall effect.

An unplanned "desirable " element has crept in... the lighter Lemonwood Gerona planks, do actually vary in depth of colour, some lighter some darker...... I feel the effect has added "character " to the Robbe Atlantis decking.

Posted by Picasa