Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tung at the ready ?



Before, I opened the tin, I also ordered some "tack cloths", to completely remove any traces of dust etc, essential before starting to apply the finish.

The instructions on the tin, state the first few coats should be diluted to around 50% with white spirit, this evidently assists absorption into the timber, so thats what I did.

Boy, was I pleasantly suprised !! What an improvement..... the wood, on my Robbe Atlantis, particularly the Lemonwood Gerona, takes on a fabulous " warm glow", enhancing the timbers grain beautifully.


I continued to liberally cover the deck, massaging the oil into the deck......

(rather like a massage :)

Now, following the instructions I need to wait for it to fully dry out, before adding another coat, which could take up to 4 days...though I think it will be sooner as the white spirit will act as an accelerant.