Friday, May 05, 2006

Preparation for Decking

A few "essentials" purchased today, in readiness for the deck planking stage.






The turntable, I felt was truly an essential, the ability to be able to rotate the hull when laying the alternate planking is a necessity..... saves me moving to each side alternately !

Finally, having had experience of just how "hard" hardwood really is..... ( I recall the effort when I built an Amati Riva Aquarama! ) I thought I'd invest in a palm sander..... I trust it will give me a smoother finish than if I used a manual sanding block !

With luck, I hope to start the planking this weekend..... more when I do ! :)

By the way, after 1 week, I have had no response from Robbe concerning my complaint about the veneer quality, hopefully next week will bring a result ?