Sunday, May 07, 2006

Another 6 hours later



a few more planks laid to rest on my Robbe Atlantis deck :)

The planking pattern is just for aesthetics, I like it, so thats how it is !

I have tried to get the plank joints symmetrical on both sides,for the most part I have suceeded.

Certainly I do feel it will look better than the Robbe original.
( Thats my personal opinion, but I am biased :)

Some errors made, where the glue set before I had time to ease the plank into position,( should have taken Taylors advice and used Slo Zap) I used what I had available, Medium cyano, but to be honest it does dry a little too fast, and occasionally the result is not whats required !

This necessitates, sliding a sharp blade under the "errant"plank, and ease it back off the hull, clean up the area, and start again !

I still haven't found a way of not getting the horrible stuff on my finger tips, and subsequent loss of my fingerprints :)

Again, I am pleased with the progress and the effect, once the deck is completed and sanded smooth, the "caulking" will also appear more subtle, than it looks at the moment.


Had enough for this weekend,having a rest now !