Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Whoops

Well, this evening, I started to fit the endless loop system... boy, this is fun :)
( NOT!)

All my previous and current yachts , use a simple push pull lever arm sail servo.. none of this endless loop stuff.

Followed the instructions ( I think) for the first half of the run, from winch to tensioned pulley and back to aft pulley.

Then my Big Whoops !! oh dear !!

I decided, the servo winch was rotating the wrong way.. so I hit the servo reverse on the computer radio..... Oh no!!!

Streeeetchh.... Boing... lots of Expletives from me...

Why the heck, didnt I disconnect the drum from the winch ??

Servo reversing.. ripped the spring from its housing, after stretching the darn thing by at least 50% .. Oh... Sh*t...

Ah well.. I simply cut it in half, re bent the one end and used that.. presumably the length is not critical... just adds "tension" to the loop system..

After 2 hours mucking about with my knitting, seems I have now "cracked the problem" :)

However, I have had to use the upper and lower EPA ( End Point Adjustments) on the computer radio.. which works a treat.. reduced to 85% and the system "appears" to be now spot on ..

Phew....

SO BEFORE you hit the Winch servo reverse... Disconnect the drum first !!

:) Steve