Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bulwarks !

And yes, I have swore a little tonight :)

Why ? do I have a heck of a gap between the bulwark strip and the hull top edge ?
If I tighten up the screws too much.. the bulwark profile is distorted and loses its vertical orientation.. which looks.. well crap !

So. I loosened off the screws a tad.. and spot glued as per the instructions.. then ran medium cyano ( super glue) into the gaps.

To avoid excess running under the strip and onto the hull, I used masking tape to make a seal..

Seems to have worked..

I can see nothing I have done with this strip is wrong.. the lower part is tightly butted to the hull... but the top has a good gap in some parts, particularly midships area. Tighten screws so that it all butts up.. and the top edge slopes inwards.. looking awful.

I can only conclude that the hull moulding may be a little worn and the top mounting edge has developed a curve , rather than a sharp edge.

Not to worry.. I shall fill the gap with some glue. and finish off with some sealant.. allowing any water to track along the bulwarks and exit thro the scuppers..just as the full size !


Left it to cure overnight..

Tomorrow screws to be removed, and the remaining holes filled.. and prep for final spraying..