Thursday, August 31, 2006

Painting All Done


This Robbe Atlantis, IS a real Monster !

Prepping, masking,painting,flatting, repainting etc etc has taken best part of a week to complete... there's no rushing this beast :)

I have used 2 complete rolls of masking tape, 1 x500ml aerosol of primer, 2 x 400mls tins of Plastikote Super Satin Enamel.

Certainly the BIGGEST hull, I have ever painted..

Anyway, she's now being left to cure /harden for a few days, before I handle her again.

I am now researching /looking for a name for her.... I cannot simply call her "Atlantis " :)
Now that I have " the knowledge" I shall make my own decals for her.. making her truly unique.
Here's how she looked after the bulwarks were completed and sprayed up.

As I thought, the contrast of satin white and Keith Jewells fine timbers on deck, look fabulous..

I am well happy.

Steve