Saturday, August 26, 2006

Displacement


Not quite the nautical term meaning :)

But my garage is now the temporary paint shop.. displacing my car to the front drive.


The hulls wooden deck was today masked off.. and she was transported to the garage for paint prep.

Flatted back to matt with 320g wet n dry, then washed, dried and wiped with a tack cloth.

1st coat of primer applied, showed up some moulding lines and surface imperfections.
Allowed to fully dry.. these were then filled, again allowed to dry.. before sanding back, wipe down, another tack cloth ( good they are).. 2nd primer coat sprayed..

She has been left overnight to harden... and will likely need another primer coat, before the top coats are sprayed.

I intend to use Satin white for her top coats, just a personal preference over high gloss finish...

When I got back to my shed, I found I had a visitor, this lovely butterfly, had lost its way.. I safely netted it. and sent it on its way..

A nice end to the day.