Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Worn Out !

Another 3 hours planking on the Robbe Atlantis this evening, and I have worn out the 4th blade on the guillotine , and the cutting bed...... Thoughtfully, ( I didnt know this ) but Proops have supplied a spare cutting bed underneath the tool.. excellent.....

One of my best tool investments ,a very "essential" bit of kit for planking... at £7.99 it was a bargain. The Amati version is a much better built than this "cheapo", but it does cost £25 !
This cheaper tool is , however , equally fit for the purpose :)





And now the result, after a further 3 hours "plonking" with planks.... today... The guillotine is definately worth its weight on this project.

I am glad I ordered excess timbers too, finding that I can "waste" up to 4 strips to get just one accurate spliced strip to fit to the inner part of the deck, the curves really make measuring an cutting accurately , somewhat difficult !

I have made mistakes, it is not perfect, but I am generally very happy with the results, and when it's finished, sanded and oiled, I think it will look a treat..... We shall see :)



Posted by Picasa