Sunday, October 02, 2005

Slow ahead

Well, I seem to be slowing to a halt, I am reaching a point in the build, where I will soon need to stop, as I need to spend some more money !

I cannot complete the internals of the rudder support assembly, until I have the rudder servo to fit.

I have decided to fit an upgraded servo, probably metal geared and ball raced. The Atlantis IS a very heavy ( & expensive) model so I'd rather not economise now and regret later.

I cannot install the keel yet, as I need to purchase some red oxide metal paint, to spray the cast iron keel, then some bathroom silicone sealant is also needed to fix it into place.

Also, to fit the internal deck shroud supports, I need some larger clamps to hold them in situ while the adhesive sets !

Fortunately, there are many sub assemblies later in the build, to keep one occupied if needed (but I am in no rush).

My thoughts at the moment are turning to the next big stage, the deck planking ! It does seem somewhat daunting !

I shall have to research some, and build up my confidence, before I tackle such a "visibly critical " stage !