Monday, September 26, 2005

Motor fit

Not much progress, to document, other than I started fitting the auxiliary motor set into the hull.
As you can see, the motor well/box needs to be loose fitted, the hull inside is marked with pencil.The dimensions are then marked on the centre line, showing where to drill ( according to the motor set instructions) I used a 6mm drill for a series of holes then opened them up with a small file.

The motor is quite a tight fit inside the box, and the exit angle of the propshaft quite acute.
I shall play with this for a while, to find the optimum position, before gluing n situ.

My friend Taylor Sparks is quite right in his thinking, this "new" type of motor does set the propshaft & propeller higher up the stern centre line , when compared to Robbe's original "drop down "set up.

I have thought of cutting out some of the forward facing wall, this may gain me a couple of mm, but not much, as the rudder post is immediately behind it.

Still, it's got to be fitted........... sometime soon !

HMM...... I am having serious problems uploading images today. I shall continue to try... :(

Seems at the moment the only way I can add pics is to use the Picasa software, personally I'd rather do it manually..