Monday, September 26, 2005

Knowledge

Posted by Picasa Is such a good thing, and a tip from my friend Taylor Sparks, here. Before finally fixing /gluing the motor well in situ, I thought I'd do a loose, test fit of the rudder stock...As this photo clearly shows, it is very close to that wall!

By the time the tiller arm is on top, I agree with Taylor, that wall will inhibit the "thro" movement of the rudder. Given that this "well" will contain the newer type motor set up, it won't be flooded ( like the old version) so this wall can be trimmed.

I shall make a small cutout, where pencilled, this will allow full movement of the tiller arm, and give me a few mm extra "play" for the motor assembly, should I need it.

Also Taylor suggested that *as built per instructions* he found that single rear pulley position ( you can see its anchor point on that wall) the sheeting loop sometimes interferes with the rudder servo mounting which fits immediately fits in front of the rudder stock.

With this in mind, I have drilled out 2 additional 2.5mm holes which will give me further spacing options, should I need to move the existing & add an additional pulley.

There's no way you would be able to drill those holes, so best do it before its glued in !
Thanks Taylor :)