Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Beginning, the kit



The Kit is packed in a HUGE box,some 5 feet by 18"square, just about fits within my car with seats folded down!

I had to "come clean" with the wife on this purchase, it's rather too large to smuggle in !

It's certainly not a cheap model, when one adds accessories ( rather essentials to my mind) but £'s per inch, it compares rather well to other models ( I am still TRYING TO CONVINCE THE WIFE !)

Inside, the contents are of excellent quality, the Robbe "Plura" moulded hull is superb, with precut hatches, and rudder post hole pre-drilled, and is of consistent thickness throughout.

Though it is a type of abs plastic, it is not to be confused with cheaper thinner "efforts" from other manufacturers.

The quality, even puts to shame some of the better g/f hulls I have experienced to date !